Thread: Sync dejaoffice calendar to htc desire hd calendar

Sync dejaoffice calendar to htc desire hd calendar

First I wanted to say I am very pleased with Companionlink and Dejaoffice.
    I have synced my Palm desktop to Outlook and to my HTC Desire HD without any problems. I just didn't want to use Google calendar for privacy issues. Sorry am a bit picky about that.
    I did try to transfer my entries to the Desire HD calender but it never succeeded. The contacts were transfered without a single problem.

I just have one question: is it possible to transfer my Dejaoffice calendar entries to my HTC desire HD calendar without using Google calendar en gmail?
    And if so, please tell me how since I have tried a lot and do not know what to try and further.

Thank you!

Hello, I am pretty sure you set that up during the initial set up of DeJa. I am on a Droid X, but when I got to the Calendar set up the instructions said "Android Calendar typically cannot handle all types of recurring events from the PC. synching to the PC may erase all data that cannot be handled by Android Calendar"...and the default selection was Do Not Sync to Android Calendar.

I just stuck with that...sure don't need the headache of having data erased..!!

I'm with you about the privacy and being out on Google's servers so I just use DeJa's Calendar and sync everything from outlook over. From what I have seen the DeJa calendar is much better than the native one.

Hope this helps.

It did help me consider using dejaoffice calender. You are right. It is the better one.
    Only the black boxes in the calender are really ugly. I hope they get an update that will make it possible to select other colors.
    So I did a factory setting restore and started new. I first did put dejaoffice back on and used the userguide to get the settings right. Then I did a direct sync from Palm desktop to the HTC desire HD. Easy and I worked. Everything is now on my phone!