Thread: Hyperlinks - Tappable - Clickable phone #s in calendar appointment fields

Hyperlinks - Tappable - Clickable phone #s in calendar appointment fields

Have been using AgendaOne for WM for years and my favorite feature is phone # hyperlinks. When a phone # is placed in either the subject line or notes of a appointment, the # is hyperlinked and easily clicked to initiate the phone call. Have not been able to see if this is already a feature or is it a current feature request.

WM7 will not allow a Outlook USB sync so it is only a matter of time that I will need to switch platforms. DejaOffice will be the way I will look to go either on the Andriod or iPhone platforms.

So my question is , does DejaOffice have the ability to have hyperlinked phone #s in either the subject or notes of an appt?

I am able to place a call from the Notes field of a contact...but can't seem to do it from anywhere else.

It is a hyperlink, and not a phone num entered in a phone field...BUT I am already in the contact record at that point.

As a LONG time Pocket Informant user, I am reallllly missing lots of features here. So far, after much searching and testing, DeJa is still coming in number one but I have to admit I do keep searching as there is so much functionality that I really need that is just not here....yet.

Hi c_frye,

Yes! Phone numbers in the notes field and subject line are hyperlinked and can be called with one tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaena View Post
    Hi c_frye,

Yes! Phone numbers in the notes field and subject line are hyperlinked and can be called with one tap.
    Kaena -

On this note, I found an issue with the hyper links of phone numbers in events. Specifically, on the Droid phone (and I would imagine many other Android phones) it is possible to insert a "Wait" character in the form of a semi-colon character which will prompt the user to tap a button before anything after the semi-colon in the dialing string is processed. However, I found that when I attempt to build such a phone number in to one of my appointments (for use with MCI conference call numbers using passcodes), Deja Office creates a hyperlink for everything before and after the semi-colon, but does not include the semi-colon itself which makes it impossible to use this feature. In future versions, I would like to see both "Pause" and "Wait" characters supported in the auto-generated hyperlinks to help those of us who are constantly fumbling for access codes to corporate conference call numbers.

Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up BamBam, we'll look into this.

THX!!!

That helps me move more to the android platform and DejaOffice. For someone who mainly wants to sync my Outlook to a phone via usb, it has been a journey to find a phone and phone PIM that does this, given that MS has chosen to abandon the usb sync with WM7.

Quote Originally Posted by droidx4me View Post
    I am able to place a call from the Notes field of a contact...but can't seem to do it from anywhere else.

It is a hyperlink, and not a phone num entered in a phone field...BUT I am already in the contact record at that point.

As a LONG time Pocket Informant user, I am reallllly missing lots of features here. So far, after much searching and testing, DeJa is still coming in number one but I have to admit I do keep searching as there is so much functionality that I really need that is just not here....yet.
    I hear you. I miss PI, too. Their available app does not include contacts. Let's keep looking.