Thread: dejaExpense - Quicken Import or QIF Export

dejaExpense - Quicken Import or QIF Export

In order to shorten my time in the office. I used to use PocketQuicken to enter my purchases, business and personal, and then sync to Quicken. Since Landmark basically fell of the face of the earth. Are you planning this type of functionality in dejaExpense? The only app I found on the market is Cash2QIF its good but since Im gonna be a deja User anyway might as well give you as much $ as I can.

DejaOffice Team Member
    We don't plan to sync with Quicken. We're thinking that we'll have a feature that will allow you to send your DejaExpense report via email, or post the report to DejaNotes.

I put Expense in because in old Palm OS I think it is useful. It is not intended to be a budget, check writing or financial application. It is intended only to allow mobile professionals to note expenses so that they can file expense reports, or notate tax deductible items at the time they occur.

I'm not being clear even to myself. Here is the difference:

Expense is for Expense reporting either to get reimbursed, or for tax deductions for self employed people.

Quicken is for checks, budgeting, personal expense tracking, and business expense tracking.

Does that make sense? I'm sure someone soon will make an PocketQuicken type app. Probably Intuit. That's not our job. For us, Expense is only the realm of old Palm OS which is to make it easy to note down costs and run a report for reimbursement.

I understand your explaination. Doesn't work for me, but I understand. Thx

I'm very sorry we can't be all things to all people. I expect Intuit will have a very nice Pocket Quicken app for the Android. I use quicken myself, and look forward to their solution.

I downloaded DejaOffice a week ago ? and do not see DejaExpense.

DejaOffice Team Member
    DejaExpense is available on DejaOffice for iPhone/iPad; we plan to add it to DejaOffice for Android soon.