+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sync does not work for Epic 4G under Froyo

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Just want you all to know that we are aware of the frustrations that you are experiencing with this and providing feedback to the Dev team. We will let you know when we have a fix in place. In the mean time thanks to the users who are reporting solid workarounds.
    Thank you, Thomas!

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhaxton View Post
    Thank you, Thomas!
    1.10.8 is out. If anyone is still having problems please let us know.
    Also build 4033 for CompanionLink is available.

http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

I am curious how everyone is doing out there with the latest builds.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Everyone,

The latest build of DejaOffice should be quite helpful for Epic 4G users.

There is a new BETA update to DejaOffice for Android, v1.10.9. This is only available at www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp.

DejaOffice v1.10.9
    -added USB sync support for Samsung Epic 4G devices updated to Android OS 2.2 (Froyo)
    -DejaCalendar and DejaTasks now allow searching records when linking contacts
    -new tasks now default to no due date vs today's date
    -fixed multiple issues with tablet mode crashing in various screens (DejaCalendar edits, DejaToday, and DejaExpenses)
    -fixed an issue where the date picker in tablet mode did not display the full month
    -fixed an issue in tablet mode where contacts did not display in business/micro modes
    -fixed an issue where DJOA would crash after removing a task due date
    -fixed an issue where the default alarm date picker could be set for 12/31/1969
    -fixed an issue where non-recurring tasks would not sync via Wi-Fi or CLSH
    -fixed an issue in tablet mode where default alarm times were not set

Ditto from me. Kinda wish I hadn't upgraded to 2.2. Please let me/us know when you've been able to work out the bugs! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    1.10.8 is out. If anyone is still having problems please let us know.
    Also build 4033 for CompanionLink is available.

http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

I am curious how everyone is doing out there with the latest builds.
    Works like a charm! Thank you so much!! Didn't even have to choose "mass storage"... just plugged in the cable and hit sync. Easy as can be.

1.10.9 works for me over USB on my Epic 4G on Froyo. I didn't even have to hit the mass storage button. Nicely done.
    Last edited by jhaxton; 03-15-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Lightbulb

As part of the Sync process when attached via USB, Deja unmounts the SD memory card so it is not accessible to the phone. If you installed Deja Office with a ROM that installs apps to SD by default, it will complete the Sync with the PC, but then fail on the next step to sync to the phone's Contact list because the Deja Office applications have vanished (unmounted) as far as the phone is concerned. So the next step (separate executable?) fails.

Solution: Use App2SD from Appbrain or the Android market to move DejaOffice to the Phone internal memory. This fixed all my sync issues between DejaOffice & the phone's contact list.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by indulis View Post
    As part of the Sync process when attached via USB, Deja unmounts the SD memory card so it is not accessible to the phone. If you installed Deja Office with a ROM that installs apps to SD by default, it will complete the Sync with the PC, but then fail on the next step to sync to the phone's Contact list because the Deja Office applications have vanished (unmounted) as far as the phone is concerned. So the next step (separate executable?) fails.

Solution: Use App2SD from Appbrain or the Android market to move DejaOffice to the Phone internal memory. This fixed all my sync issues between DejaOffice & the phone's contact list.
    Hi Indulis,

Thanks for this feedback.

+ Reply to Thread