Thread: Feature requests for DejaOffice for Android

Lightbulb Feature requests for DejaOffice for Android

I don't really see any nice way to submit feature requests for this application, so I'll just post this thread.

Some other companies have nice forum-like features for this, perhaps something to consider for bugs/features. You have no clear list of whats coming in the apps. It seems like a mix of the stuff on the main page, and some poorly labeled/locatable forum posts.

DejaToday widget - flexible sizes, tiny, med, and full screen. I see it mentioned some places but it ain't here yet.

Custom alert sounds - The tiny ding used right now is totally useless for me. I'd like to be able to select sounds from the existing notifications list. Also, control of repeating the sound until acknowledged if possible. Maybe it has to be a different type of alert system for this? Builtin calendar has this feature, as does SMS notification system.

Icons - Desperately needed overhaul. They are pretty ancient and ugly looking, like a WinMo 2003 icon set. Ewww. Simplify and brighten.

Navigation - Increase size of buttons, like Home and Save, since even on my Droid X they are hard to press.

Calendar options - Fit to screen option for daily or weekly views, so you can see the 24hrs of a day (or 8-5 option is possible) without scrolling! So tired of scrolling to find my events. Maybe as a display default, with a button to zoom (or perhaps just click to zoom). Maybe start display at the current time, and/or show a thin line for current time.

GPS integration - Well, this one is certainly a major change/feature, yet I think it would be a very useful feature. The trick is how to associate GPS with existing events. I do not know the solution. But for natively (Android) generated events, this could be trivial. I see this as the next big thing for task mgmt, and no one is running with it. Its a chance to get ahead of the entire market. Imagine, getting a reminder to get groceries, when you approach your favorite grocery store. Or reminding you to get gifts for an upcoming birthday as you pass certain stores. Things like this that make it so useful. Yes, this may need to be its own app, but I will be buying the first one that does this all successfully. Building in all the necessary pieces could be asking for a significant investment in areas not focused on by CompanionLink yet, like AI/prediction. Contextual awareness is tricky. Hopefully folks create AI engines that can be consumed from the cloud, such that other apps have API access to them.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33z0n3r View Post
    Icons - Desperately needed overhaul. They are pretty ancient and ugly looking, like a WinMo 2003 icon set. Ewww. Simplify and brighten.
    Personally, I don't care whether the icons look fresh and modern, "ancient" (is 7 years really ancient?), or "prehistoric" (which is what I supposed 1995-style icons would be by that scale), as long as they clearly indicate what it is they do. Which I think the DJO icons do very well. I'd much rather see the DJO team working on functionality than appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33z0n3r View Post
    Calendar options - Fit to screen option for daily or weekly views, so you can see the 24hrs of a day (or 8-5 option is possible) without scrolling! So tired of scrolling to find my events. Maybe as a display default, with a button to zoom (or perhaps just click to zoom). Maybe start display at the current time, and/or show a thin line for current time.
    This is a common request, and I wholeheartedly agree with it.

"DejaToday / Calendar widget - flexible sizes, tiny, med, and full screen. I see it mentioned some places but it ain't here yet."

+1

Add copy / clone appointments to the list. To add a non recurring appointment by copying another should be a basic feature of a calendar app.

Well, the calendar widgets arrive in the newest beta, and they work well enough. The icons also look much better IMO. The calendar has several options now that I don't recall before, including font/display size. They all still require some scrolling, but minimal for the most compact version.

So, the navigation icons are still small for me, and the alerts sound needs to be selectable. Then then can get to planning on GPS (location based tasks)

I agree with the calendar options request.
    also, it doesn't seem that the shortcuts option works consistently, i have a shortcut for deja calendar and deja today on my home screen - it works a couple of times but then the shortcut just takes to the last place i was in deja office...frustrating!

droid X

I have been a user for many years. I use the old PC Palm Desktop application with Companion Like for sync. The Palm application allows you to insert a semicolon( after the phone number to add an extension. However you can also enter text like a name if you have more that one person in the contact or more that one department in a company. The placing of the semicolon initiates a question by the phone application "Do you want to add the extension to the dialing" ir you click yes it will dial the extension if you say no it will just dial the number. The text is kept when you sync the palm app to the Android DejaOffice. The DejaOffice already has the ability to insert semicolons and comas(pauses) in the phone number field

My request is that you add the ability to bring up the text keyboard in the Android DejaOffice app. Should be an easy job.

Thanks.

Alan

Palm 5x, Kyocera 6035, Palm 700p, droidx, Note 3, Note 8

Bridgescore, welcome to the forums.

Most android phones can't handle letters in the phone app. Keep in mind that Palm controlled the phone from end to end. With Android we have to live with what the Phone and the Carrier will support.