Thread: Duplication

Duplication

I am having a real issue with duplicate contacts in the droid contacts app after I usb sync. I've tried the purge and sync 1 way from the PC to the Android and it seemed to make it worse. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by GNRM View Post
    I am having a real issue with duplicate contacts in the droid contacts app after I usb sync. I've tried the purge and sync 1 way from the PC to the Android and it seemed to make it worse. Any suggestions?
    disable your ggl accnt.

How do I do that?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deb410s View Post
    How do I do that?
    The Steps will vary form device to device.
    Go to the Phone Menu. Tap Settings
    Select Accounts and Sync.
    Disable Syncing with Google.
    If this doesn't work give me your Device Model and I will step it out for you more specifically.

Duplication of Contacts in Deja Office

I was having a similar issue when trying to sync ACT! With the Deja Calendar and Contacts. I would get duplicate contacts, one other step that is needed was to select Purge and reload from the options tab in companionLink. I also went into the advance settings in companionLink and chose purge and reload with all options and made sure for the first sync that data was only pulled from my ACT! Database and not syncing both ways. One other thing that others may want to do is to back up their database before syncing, it seems simple but I have read other threads where users have lost data on their PC database.
    I am new to the droid but so far this program seems to be working, just need to get up to speed on what it can and cannot do.
    Thanks for the suggestion Thomas.

Jeff

I solved this by going into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Contacts Storage -> Clear Data. This eliminates ALL contacts in the Native app. then you can sync with Deja Office and (at least in my case) the native app will have no duplicates.