Increasing online sales has become tougher than before when all you need is just set up a website or post on social media. Today, there are lots of other businesses doing the same thing.
This is why it is important to go the extra mile to stand out and effectively maximize returns on your investment in digital marketing.
Fortunately, there are lots of ways to boost your company’s online sales. Some of them are highlighted below, check and choose the ones that best suit your purpose.
1. Research and Understand Your Targeted Audience/Market
To efficiently plan your online marketing strategy, you must understand your targeted audience. In case you are finding it hard to do, ask these questions:
- Who will be interested in your products? This should provide answers to the age of potential customers, family status, location, and job. Also, consider their most preferred means of contact. It will help in deciding your marketing strategy.
- How can your company make the product appealing to them? There are lots of competitors in the market, if not direct, there would be others who will pose a challenge indirectly. Decide how to present your online offers to convince buyers to choose you.
- What are the targeted audience interests? Analyzing this will help to discover the motivation behind their purchase decision.
- Where are they most likely to be found? Understanding this will help to decide on the best channel to reach them. For instance, young online shoppers are more likely to be found on social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok.
2. Launch a Mobile-Friendly Website
Building a website is not enough to take advantage of the online market. Most users are likely to visit your business on their phones and they are little to no patience.
“A mobile-friendly website benefits a business in many ways. It gives more search engine visibility and improves customer acquisition,” according to BANG!, a team specializing in web design in South Bend.
People check their phones more than 150 times per day and most searches are also on mobile phones when compared to other gadgets like the computer. When potential customers visit your website and they can’t easily find what they need, they are five times more likely to leave.
3. Analyse Your Customers’ Behaviors With Dedicated Tools
Data is paramount in your sales improvement strategy. It helps to identify what is working and others that are not.
There are free dedicated tools such as Google Analytics to analyze your site’s visitors’ behavior. It will record how they found your site, the pages they visited and other actions they performed.
A detailed evaluation of this data could help you identify the platforms to leverage for more visits to your site. For example, if a lot of people are visiting your site from a blog post about a certain topic, you may want to write more of such to increase site visitors which are more likely to convert to sales.
Dedicated tools can also reveal pages that need improvement on the site to enhance your customers’ users experience.
4. Prioritize Customer Service
It is understandable if you are a startup and would want to be as prudent as possible. As you increase the budget for marketing and product team projects, don’t forget your customer service team.
The success of this team will determine if investment in other departments will maximally yield returns or not.
Increasing your customer retention by just 5% could spike your profit by almost 25%. The reason is simple. A repeat customer has been discovered could spend about 300% more on your brand which means your cost of acquisition is significantly reduced while sales increase.
5. Present Offers That Make You Stand Out
The battle for online sales is no easier when compared to offline. Check for how to stand out. Things you can offer that others can’t. These can be your brand message to attract customers online.
Some of the popular strategies that may be considered for this purpose include coupons, promotional codes, and discounts.
For new products in the market, offering a sample trail on your website could allow people to have a first-hand experience of the product without fear of losing their money.
If it meets their expectation, you can be sure of word-of-mouth promotion and another purchase from customers that benefit from such offers.
Encourage buyers to leave a review after patronizing your business. You can maximize reviews by adding a Form QR Code on your product packaging. Once scanned, the users can scan a QR Code from their mobile phone and collect reviews, feedbacks, and many more. Including testimonials on your site is another way to get more people to trust your brand and also increase your online sales.