Instagram Live has become a popular way for individuals and brands to connect with their followers in real-time. However, sometimes the chat can become overwhelming or distracting, which is why Instagram has provided the option to hide the chat during a Live broadcast. In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on how to hide chat on Instagram Live and explore the benefits of doing so.
What is Instagram live?
Instagram Live is a feature on the popular social media app, Instagram, that allows users to stream live video content to their followers. The feature was first introduced in late 2016 as a way to give users a more interactive and real-time way to connect with their audience.
Instagram Live works by allowing users to start a live video broadcast from their Instagram account, which is then broadcasted in real-time to their followers. Followers are notified when the user starts the live video, and they can tune in and watch the video as it happens.
During the live video, viewers can engage with the broadcaster by commenting and sending messages, which the broadcaster can see and respond to in real-time. This allows for a more interactive and engaging experience for both the broadcaster and the viewers.
Once the live video is over, it can be saved to the user’s Instagram Stories for 24 hours, where it can be viewed by followers who missed the live broadcast. After 24 hours, the video is automatically deleted from the user’s Stories, although the user can choose to save the video to their device for future use.
Why Hide Chat on Instagram Live?
There are several reasons why you may want to hide chat on Instagram Live. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- Minimizing distractions: Chat can sometimes be distracting or overwhelming during a Live broadcast. By hiding the chat, you can focus more on the content you are sharing and engaging with your viewers without being distracted by the constant stream of comments.
- Focusing on your message: Sometimes, the chat can take the focus away from your message or content. By hiding the chat, you can ensure that your message or content is the main focus of the Live broadcast.
- Managing inappropriate comments: Unfortunately, Live broadcasts can sometimes attract inappropriate comments. By hiding the chat, you can prevent these comments from appearing on the screen and minimize the potential for negative interactions during the broadcast.
Step-by-Step Guide to Hiding Chat on Instagram Live
Now that we’ve covered the benefits of hiding chat on Instagram Live, let’s dive into the step-by-step guide on how to do it.
Step 1: Start a Live broadcast
To hide the chat on Instagram Live, you’ll first need to start a Live broadcast. You can do this by swiping right on your Instagram home screen, tapping the camera icon in the top left corner, and selecting “Live.”
Step 2: Tap on the chat icon
Once you’ve started your Live broadcast, you’ll see a chat icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. Tap on this icon to open the chat window.
Step 3: Swipe left on the chat window
To hide the chat window, simply swipe left on the chat window. This will slide the chat window off the screen and hide it from view.
Step 4: Interact with viewers through other means
Now that the chat window is hidden, you can still interact with your viewers in other ways. For example, you can respond to comments in the chat window after the Live broadcast is over, or you can encourage viewers to send direct messages or emails with any questions or comments they may have.
Benefits of Hiding Chat on Instagram Live
In addition to the benefits we mentioned earlier, there are several other advantages to hiding chat on Instagram Live. Here are a few:
- Focusing on your content: By hiding the chat, you can focus more on the content you are sharing and ensure that your message is the main focus of the broadcast.
- Encouraging engagement through other means: By directing viewers to other channels to interact with you, such as direct messages or emails, you can encourage more meaningful engagement and build stronger relationships with your audience.
- Avoiding negativity: Unfortunately, Live broadcasts can sometimes attract negative or inappropriate comments. By hiding the chat, you can minimize the potential for negative interactions during the broadcast and create a more positive experience for everyone involved.
Hiding chat on Instagram Live can be a great way to minimize distractions, focus on your content, and encourage more meaningful engagement with your audience. By following the simple steps outlined above, you can easily hide chat during your next Live broadcast and reap the benefits of doing so. Remember to always be mindful of Instagram’s community guidelines and avoid any content that could be deemed inappropriate or offensive. With these tips and best practices in mind, you can create engaging and entertaining Live broadcasts that will help you build a stronger relationship with your