For as much as you might love your products, as soon as you release them into the wild there is no going back. This can be a scary thought for those who have put a lot of time and effort into their product. It’s important to make sure that your product is just right before releasing it so you can avoid making a mistake down the line. This article will go over some of the steps you should take to make sure your product is just right before being released.
Using custom printing is one of the best ways to make sure your finished product is just right. You never know who may be on the other side of the fence, potentially picking up your product. Make them feel special by giving them a package that is tailored to their specific interests.
You should hire a professional or find someone you know who has a good eye for design and look over your product’s appearance. This means going through it from front to back, top to bottom, inside and out, correcting any errors that might have slipped by earlier on. Take it a step further and customize the packaging. If there is one thing that deserves this much attention, it’s the appearance of the product as many people will make judgments about your product based solely on its general aesthetics.
As with appearance, language also requires the attention of an expert who has knowledge about local slang and phrases. It’s important to go through every single detail specifically looking for any mistakes or inaccuracies. This includes everything from labeling to logo design, so make sure you hire someone experienced in this matter if it is not something you are familiar with.
Don’t stop once you’ve gone over the language. Take it one step further and go through the formatting of your product so there is no chance of any mistakes slipping by. The last thing you want to do is send out a product with line breaks in all the wrong places or missing critical information. You will lose potential customers if you aren’t thorough, particularly in forums where space matters when writing posts for example.
If you are releasing a product, then chances are there are others out there that also have the same idea. This means it is important to go through your program and remove anything that might be infringing on copyright rules. On top of this, any loopholes in the terms of service should be closed so potential customers don’t have to worry about being tricked or tricked into buying something they didn’t agree with. Be honest with people, protect yourself legally and set up an easy way for customers to contact you if they find something wrong.
As important as it is to make sure your product is just right before releasing it, the appearance and language alone won’t do much if people don’t know anything about it. This means you must spend a great deal of time marketing your product so potential customers will be aware of its existence. While there are many ways to market your product, by far the most effective way is creating a website for it as well as multiple social media pages on sites such as Facebook and Twitter. In addition, this gives you an opportunity to create a landing page where visitors can learn more about what you have to offer and provide personal details for future reference. Marketing tips include:
- Add social media buttons to your blog
- Have at least one video promoting your product
- Have people endorse your product – these can be friends, family members or even “customers” who are willing to provide feedback regarding their experience with the product
- Start a file-sharing site where you can host your product or any other information related to it
- Set up an affiliate program – this will allow people to spread the word about your product in exchange for giving them a portion of the profits. Require all affiliates to sign affidavits regarding their identities and that they are not responsible for fraudulent claims that might be made during the marketing process
- Mention the product on other blogs in your niche – this can be beneficial if each blog posts a unique aspect of your product and write guest posts to hit several different niches that are related to yours
- Use online advertising methods such as PPC or Google Adsense
- Offer discounts to people who are willing to write about your product, particularly if you feel it requires additional exposure
- Send press releases promoting the release date of your product and what its benefits are
It is important to note that as a company, you should be willing to talk directly with your customers. This means often accepting feedback and providing support for those who choose to purchase your product. While this might take up an enormous amount of time, it could make the difference between one customer and many. It also lets people know you care about their opinions and won’t ignore them like most companies do since they simply want money in return for what they put out there.
When offering support keep in mind that whatever problem the customer brings up isn’t necessarily indicative of the overall quality of your program. Be understanding and always try to provide multiple solutions (if possible) since not all problems can be solved immediately by clicking a button or two. Don’t be too pushy and don’t ignore customers.
To access customer support you should consider:
- Providing a toll-free phone number that people can call during the day if they have problems with their purchase
- Providing an email address where customers can send messages regarding technical issues, questions or concerns about the product. Have an email autoresponder set up so people can either opt-in or out depending on their preferences regarding future promotional emails from your company
- Setting up a site that will allow users to post reviews of your product as well as give them a platform for providing feedback and suggestions on how to make it better
- Include a live chat option so potential customers can talk to you directly if they want more information before making a purchase decision – this might not be necessary but it is still a good touch since it adds human contact to your business which is often lacking in this industry
- Provide clear instructions for how to get in touch with you through all these different mediums
Before releasing your product it is important to be sure what you are selling is quality. This means using professional editing services, providing customer support and making sure the design of your website isn’t dated. It also means taking advantage of opportunities that can help generate interest in your product prior to its release which includes social media buttons, video promotions, press releases and affiliates. By taking these steps companies will have a much higher chance of being successful when they finally put their product online for consumers to purchase.